norsu are thrilled to exclusively team with Paris-based Australian artist Vee Speers on her latest series, Botanica.
The Botanica series of flora artwork symbolises a moment of peaceful solitude in a world that is becoming increasingly complex. Creating a quiet space away from the chaos of everyday life, like a secret garden the artist is carefully cultivating.
Vee adopts the same method of photography as she does with her human portraits, capturing the flowers outdoors in black and white, then subtly colouring them to enhance and transform them. The portraits draw the viewer into a botanical world, with an ethereal feel through their fresh new hues, animated by a powerful breath of new life.
This pack of 11 x A5 sized cards feature a stunning range of works from Vee Speer's Botanica collection. The prints include:
- Brassica Oleracea (Wild cabbage)
- Celosia Cristata (Cockscomb)
- Craspedia (Billy buttons)
- Ficus Carcia (Fig)
- Gloriosa Superba (Flame lily)
- Heliconia Bihai (Macawflower)
- Heliconia Hirsuta (Lobster claw)
- Hyacinthus Orientalis (Hyacinth)
- Protea Cynaroides (King protea)
- Strelitzia Reginae (Bird of paradise)
- Tulipa Gesneriana (Garden tulip)
Printed on 300gsm recycled paper, these cards can be fixed casually to the wall, used as decoration for a workspace, or used to pen a note on the reverse.